Thursday, February 03, 2005

What I'd give for a horse and buggy

On the way to work this morning the car's gears weren't working. Couldn't get up the damn hill. We stood at the side of the road. Fortunately there was someone in my neighborhood who works at the same place and she was able to come to the rescue, but the tow truck didn't come to Hubby's rescue for about 1 1/2 hours. Cost of the repair $1,250. I told Hubby the good news is "we're saving on gas".

I had enough time this morning and was in enough anguish to consult with my Debtor's Anonymous friend who lives up in that "extremist" settlement. She thought it was Divine Providence that they dialed our number by accident, when her husband sat on their cellphone by accident and dialed our number. She gave me an assignment to do on Step 1.

She continued on...

"I'd really like to help sponsor you and I think my husband will speak to yours but he really doesn't want to hear about your work with the Arabs." She whispered the word "arabs" so low - that I made her repeat it again for me. She whispered it again, like saying the "A" word was a grave sin. I thought - what a wonderful opportunity for us to get together. Maybe it was Divine Providence and maybe this will be an opportunity for me to teach her to learn to say the "A" word just a bit louder and without shame and pain.

No comments: