Saturday, November 24, 2007

Shake, Rattle and Roll

We had our second earthquake of the week last night, which woke me up around 12:15 am. My bed was shaking and there was no one but me in it - so it couldn't have been anything but an earthquake Then I heard the windows rattling.

My daughter and her boyfriend were in the next room, each blaming the other for shaking the bed - that was funny. So when I told them my bed was shaking too, then they realized what it was. And my son was sound asleep. Fortunately, it was a small one, around 4.1 on the Richter scale.

But when I slept in today, waking up at 8:00 am instead of 5:45 am, it was so warm and sunny that my long-sleeved top felt too hot. I just spent 45 luxurious minutes lounging on the porch. What a day to be strolling outside, though, like perhaps Ein Karem, the Old City or Abu Ghosh eating lunch outdoors. But I'll just relish the beautiful view and the warm weather right here from the 8th floor in my apartment.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Literally the earth quakes at the prospect of Israel giving up territory at the upcoming negotiations.

Wow, G-d couldn't be much clearer at where G-d stands on this issue.

Anonymous said...

I can't predict when "the big one" is going to happen.

But it is a pretty safe bet that it will be a day when the homosexuals will try to have another one of their "Gay Pride" parade down the streets of the Holy City.

Unknown said...

OK - anonymous - so is the Gay Pride parade the reason why there were major earthquakes in the land in 1927 and in the holy city of Safed in 1837?

The God I know and love is a loving God, and not a punishing, miserable, angry, vengeful one...

Anonymous said...

Yeah, tell that to the Hittites, the Amorites, the Canaanites, the Perizzites, the Hivites and the Jebusites.