Monday, April 19, 2004

I'm a real newbie at this. I've been dilly-dallying for ages about blogging and finally have the time to DO IT.
Today in Jerusalem was Holocaust memorial day. The day began rather uncharacteristically grey for this time of year and the radio on the bus just played mournful tunes. Last night on the eve they showed only Holocaust documentaries and movies. I tune in once a year so my kids can view and ask as only kids know how. There was a bittersweet beautiful documentary about couples who found each other, as soulmates, during that period, either in the Ghetto, camps or DP camps. Their stories were relayed with a background of old documentary footage of that time, interspersed together with actors depicting the persons involved.

And to top the day off, I give a presentation at my monthly interfaith meeting in 1/2 hour - of my journey from the US to Canada to Jerusalem - both my spiritual and physical journey. More on that tomorrow.

No comments: