Wednesday, January 20, 2010

2010 so far

I haven't written all year.  I know.  There have been more reunions thanks to Facebook - with friends I hadn't seen in years. 

On the not-so-bright side, there have been trips to the school to get my son on the right track or back on track.  I really think they ought to teach children how to read and write up until 6th grade.  child labor them until they're in their twenties or thirties or whenever they feel like learning and want to go back to 7th grade and seriously learn.  Then they could probably do grades 7-12 in half the time it now takes.  I remarked to my son-in-law about how I used to spend 2,500 shekels a year (roughly $600) on school books when all 5 were in school.  He glanced at me and smiled.

"Money well spent I see."

A smirk from me.

I told my son, if he doesn't shape up, he'll be going into the army a year early when he turns 18 and then they'll whip him into shape, literally, and we'll all jump for joy because our computer will finally be free from all those stupid online poker games he plays all day and night.

And there's a slew of musicians - from very famous to somewhat famous - who will be visiting us this year.

 

No comments: