Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Losing Weight

Hubby came up with a great line this morning. In all seriousness he told me - I heard on Fox News last week (Fox News being his greatest source of knowledge on this planet), that people who sleep 7 to 8 hours do not gain weight, but people that sleep less usually do gain weight.

This was such profound news to me. I thought about it for a minute. But of course, my blushing pumpkin. It makes sense that if I were to sleep for 20 hours each day, I'd have only one meal a day, thereby I'd lose lots more weight than those sleeping only 8 hours a day. I'd save money on food, electricity, going out, etc. Skinny Hubby who doesn't need to sleep that much, can do all the housework, including cleaning the toilets and laundry and cooking! I think we've hit the jackpot here!

But come to think of it, I think I'd rather be chunkier and see the daylight alot more.

3 comments:

Deb said...

I am sorry to hear that your husband watches Fox news. Personally, I consider Fox's distorted version of reality to be a detriment to peace on this planet.

See americanfundamentalists dot com
and click "Cast of Characters" link

Anonymous said...

I think the folks that are advancing the idea that lack of sleep results in weight gain are on to something.
I have observed myself, over and over again, snacking all day when not getting enough sleep. The cause of the snacking is that I'm trying to change the way I feel, and of course I feel lke hell because I didn't get
enough sleep. There's no science needed here to understand this, just watch the way you behave when you
don't get enough sleep. Bruce

Unknown said...

Yeah, that Fox News addiction is horrible. The whole family gets made at him - with that "Terror Alert - elevated" thing flashing all the time. God forbid one should relax. And besides all the presenters look alike. But that's what we have here besides Sky News and CNN.