Thursday, May 26, 2005

Israeli Gigolo

I was given 1/2 hour to go pick up some groceries - a rare luxury during working hours - in the company of the company's driver - a Israeli man of Morroccan extraction, close to 50 years old, who recently married for the first time, ever.

We're driving through these older Jerusalem neighborhoods and it's a trip down memory lane for him.

"This is where I had a girlfriend. On this street" he tells me. He goes on further.

"It's such a quiet neighborhood here. And she's screaming and screaming with me during the night. I tell her - sssshhhh!! Everyone can hear you!!!"

Like the dude's really embarrassed by it.

He continues..."In the neighborhood of Katamonim - EVERYONE screams. It's better there."

I'm grateful I live in the quiet neighborhood where no one screams - not even yours truly. Just the street cats who go a-howling through the night.

No comments: