Friday, June 03, 2005

I need a coping with men pill

"Come into the board room as quickly as you can" - barked the Professor I work with. The tone in his voice meant I didn't have the time to say " could you wait a minute while I click on "save" so we don't lose the fucking document?

And then I ended up reading a 7 page biography 30 times for him over a period of 3 hours. Tedious, mindless work.

I was relieved when he went to a meeting for the rest of the afternoon, so I could rush back to my office to "save" my document - fortunately there were no electrical mishaps and my document was still there.

And then grumpy Hubby who'd rather go for the false teeth than take care of his own teeth. He's been moaning in pain for 2 days now but you won't see him sitting in any dentist's chair.

"And where do you think you'll find your false teeth, sweetheart" I asked him gently this afternoon.

"At Shopper's Drug Mart?"

He is an awful excuse for a human specimen when in pain. I'd like to kick his hynie way over the Atlantic back to Canada where he could freeze his goddamn molars.

He came to the table tonight sweat pouring off his head.

"What's the matter dad - YOU goin' through menopause" asked my 21 year old daughter.

And then my teenage son wanted to watch the movie "Scream" for the 514th time and not let my overworked 21 year old near the TV. We managed to wrestle the television controller from him though so we could watch "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy" and "America's Next Top Model" -

I need to write a report for my interfaith group on our meeting last Monday. I might be able to get it done - if the men in this world let me....

No comments: