Saturday, October 01, 2005

tall tales

My girlfriend at work was telling me that before her trip to Thailand, people were telling her to beware of coconuts and pineapples falling on her head. We laughed just thinking about the scene.

That afternoon we met some friends in town - people we hadn't seen in many months. He read my blog and was aware of me going to India in a month.

"Watch out for monkeys raping women" he warned me.

"You gotta be kidding me"

"No. Google it and you'll see. Take a can of mace with you."

Well foolish me googled it and didn't come up with anything other than monkeys outside a temple attacking children (just children) and monkeys getting sloshed on some Indian brew left outside and attacking people.

I think he just wanted to goad me into this "I made you look (on Google)" thing we used to do as kids (but without Googling of course)


I'm off tomorrow morning to get my vaccines and visa for this exotic place.

1 comment:

karenology said...

Have fun! My mother (who is Vietnamese) refused to sit under the coconut trees when we went to Hawaii, because of that very reason (coconuts falling, not horny monkeys). In fact the only people we saw sitting under the trees looked like tourists. So as long as you avoid lollygagging under a huge coconut-laden tree, you ought to be fine ;)