Monday, February 21, 2005

He's Here and He's Queer

We bused it to the new Terminal 3 at Ben Gurion airport to pick up Hubby's brothers. The lady next to me at the airport was impatient for her people to come through the doors. She asked everyone who came through which flight they were on - like a broken record. I joined her in her quest and we both decided to guess which flights people were on. The well-dressed people, with the not-so-fancy suitcases were either from Madrid or Paris. We laughed when a very handsome young man with tousled hair told us he was from Paris. He definitely looked Parisian. Too hunky for Toronto, we both figured together. All the shlobs with the fancy suitcases we guessed arrived from Toronto. Then came Hubby's two brothers finally - looking like 2 freakin' Canucks from the Great White North - striped shirts, bright blue eyes, blond hair and pot bellies. One of them is gay and hadn't been out 10 years ago when we last saw him but is definitely out now. The 3 brothers sat in the back seat of the taxi while I listened to their running commentary.

"It's tough being a female locked in a male body"
"It's going to be a rough few days in your house full of women."

After the hugs and kisses at home, the girls ordered pizzas for everyone. The pizza delivery boy came looking like a man on the moon with his padded head-to-toe outfit and helmet. Hubby's gay brother looks at us and says about the pizza delivery guy -"Is he staying? He could stay if he takes his clothes off." which set my girls into hysterics. He questioned my Good Daughter.

"And what about your soldier boyfriend? Does he have a gun? Is it loaded? Can I hold it?"

His partner called from Canada. My Nasty Daughter answered but didn't know how to refer to his partner. "It's, it's your something!" she called out to M. "It's my WIFE!" he shot back.

I was hoping my kids would behave. At least for a few days while their uncles are present. My dog certainly wasn't behaving. An hour after Hubby took him for a walk, while we were at the airport, Doggie went upstairs and peed on the guests' bed. Furious with the pooch, Hubby banished him for the evening and left him outside for the night. My Eldest Daughter had laryngitis, which was a gift from God - for me, anyways. She tried to yell at me for not having "normal" tea in the house. She called me a Bitch, in her squeaky voice, for throwing the excess "normal" tea in Saturday's kitchen cleanup. Thank the Good Lord Hubby's brothers didn't hear it or notice it, only me.

1 comment:

Mary J. said...

sounds like something one of my dogs would do. it was probably all of the excitement.

great story! especially the part with the pizza guy.