Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Gere's Here

The Incredible Hunk is in the Holy Land for the 4th time around. I knew his visit was going to be the beginning of the month as the newspapers prompted that info. Plus my friend Ibrahim chauffered him around last time he was here. On TV the reporters tried to get him to dance with Shimon Peres because it seems Gere enjoys dancing cheek to cheek with Prime Ministers - so perhaps he'd do it with former Prime Ministers. I got an adrenaline rush watching the news on him and got some raging hormones back, which had become quite lax in the past year or so.

At work the girls were plotting for me.

"You HAVE to find out where he is! Call Ibrahim! You must find him. I'll go with you and we'll meet him together."

The new receptionist looked at us as though she'd report us to the nearest the mental hospital.

"Don't worry" I assured her. "He's married."

"SO?" she replied.

Ahh. My sentiments exactly.

Perhaps one evening this week I'll end up sitting in the lobby, sipping outrageously expensive cofee at one of the more posher hotels in Jerusalem - just to catch a glimpse. An autograph hound I'm not, nor would I pop flashbulbs either. I'd probably be too shy to approach him with my business card, telling him about my interfaith work. It would probably be enough to watch him walk into the place, into the elevator and let my daydreams go beyond my imagination....

No comments: