Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Israel's gonna rock and roll

I was sitting calmly in front of the TV with Hubby and my son, watching to see who the new Pope would be. It was terribly exciting for us, even though I figured it would be Ratzinger. And I was happy for my Catholic friends that they have a new (and rather elderly) leader.

Then I get to look at my e-mail figuring nothing's really happening besides the Pope stuff, and read that the Rolling Stones will be coming to tour in Israel in 2006. Being that terrorist attacks are down, insurance costs for bands dropped as well. So not only are they coming but the Scorpions (Hubby likes them) will be playing in July and Phil Collins in November. This will be a bonus year for us. We've always felt isolated as far as Western music goes. No one ever came to visit, except for the activists or spiritually minded, like Madonna.

But the news has caused quite a stir in the Rolling Stones' fan world and I'm already getting e-mails of upcoming huge gatherings (at my house of course), with one person already reserving a space. This is so truly wild.

No comments: