Monday, April 04, 2005

Honor Due the Pope

I did not give enough honour to the Pope yesterday in my post. My friend Ibrahim sent out a notice to his friends and he said it better than I could have.

Dear Friends,

We are joining the people all around the world in morning the passing away of Pope John Paul II.

I remember his visit to the Holy Land in year 2000, he came to the Mount of Olives and inaugurated "The Pope's Garden" overlooking the Dome of the Rock where our children now play.

I also remember his talks and his efforts for reconciliation between religions.

We, the people of the Land of the Prophets, Muslims, Christians and Jewish, all bow our head in respect for this great man.

May God have Mercy and Blessing upon His Soul.


God Bless You,

Ibrahim,

Mount of Olives


For other news articles from Jerusalem click here and here

No comments: