Sunday, February 05, 2006

free to be you and me

I walked into the health food store where the owner is on a macrobiotic lifestyle. I dared show up at a meeting once and now I'm considered recruitment fodder.

"Do you have that wonderful sea salt from France." I asked?

I thought - wow - it's sea salt and therefore, it must be healthier than the other salts you buy in the supermarket.

"That's too yang for you. It's grey. We were told NOT to use it."

Huh? Too Yang? Fuck that, I'll buy it somewhere else where people don't care how friggin yang it is for me.

I opened up one of the gifts I got from my Messianic Jewish friend and it was a recording of - you guessed it - Messianic Jewish songs.

So now I have a macrobiotic person trying to convert me to their lifestyle as well as this Messianic Jew. It's not enough to love Jesus because he was a Jewish Israeli brother of mine. I have to also believe that he is God and Messiah. Jesus! What next?

I put the CD next to a book of Sikh meditations given to me by a sweet Sikh gentleman from Vancouver, when I was in india, who heard me saying how wonderful their religion is. "If you will use this, I'd like to give this to you," said the teacher from Vancouver. Over there, the gentle Buddhist monk tried hard to persuade me that there really is no God.

I know my Orthodox family would love for me to return to Orthodox Judaism, and my Moslem friends would ullulate to the high heavens if I converted to Islam.

I love when everyone shares their religious//spiritual stuff with me and I can share back, but I cannot be like any of you. I can only be my silly self.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

GYPSY DONT YOU SMELL THE GRASS YET ??? DONT YOU THINK ITS TIME TO RETURN TO THE FAITH OF YOUR ANCESTORS ONE EX CRIMENAL ONE DEVORCE HOW MANY OTHER PROBLEMS YOU DIDENT LIST... RETURN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FOR ITS NEVER TO LATE AND BETTER SOONER THEN LATER FOR ONE DOSENT KNOW WHEN HIS YARZAIT WILL BEFALL SHIVO YISROEL AD HASHEM ELOKECHO KI CHOSHALTO BAVONECHO

Anonymous said...

WANT TO GET IN TOUCH WITH ANONYMOUS EMAIL YIDDELE@YAHOO.CA

Unknown said...

Oy vey! See what I mean? This is what I'm talking about. Return?? I have returned - to Jerusalem!!!

And, "returning to Orthodoxy" which is probably what you mean, because I do have strong faith, although it's not Orthodox - is not a cure-all for the world's ills. How many times have I heard about ultra-Orthodox friends' children living outside of Israel who have succumbed to drugs, drug-dealing and a slew of divorces to hit their community. That is also food for thought.

Anonymous said...

let me tell you gypsy i live in a community of 350 familys divorce rate stands at 2% drugs at .02% i have no idea how the grass smells just last week i was at the university and passed some kids who were shmoozing and smell an interesting smell i asked the student who was whith me and he told me thats pot. there you go thats the difference i am alot older then those students and idident even know the smell of what they were doing in public so whats the chance of my son growing up a substance abbuser .02% allthough nobody has insurance my premium would be alot cheaper then yours dont you agree??? back to the point god spoke to our ancestors on mount sinai a fact that cannot be denied (and can be easily proven) and gave us 613 commandments and no man walking on water can change gods will !!!! and it is incumbent upon us to fullfil it with love and fear ... shivo yisroel ad hashem elokecho!!!

Anonymous said...

you cant have real strong faith and not be orthodox .. orthodoxy is nothing new its what every jew around used to be .you wanna get of easy so tou say you believe just like cristian faith just have faith thats cristianity not judiaism ,... judiasm dosent advocate blind faith...... col zeman shhaner dolek efshar letaken