Saturday, April 22, 2006

Richie Rich

I want to thank someone who donated to the Wedding Fund . You know who you are. God bless you. I've got a bit under $4,000 to raise! Hallelujah!

I was so distressed over my son's behavior yesterday (as he was probably distressed over mine) - partly because we had such a lovely Interfaith meeting on Thursday evening, including a documentary filmmaker attending where the subject was "Mothers and Fathers" in our religions, and so I felt like such a loser Mother when it comes to my Werewolf Teenage son. The meeting turned out to not only be about Mothers and Fathers in our religion but in our cultures too when we broke up into small group discussions. There was a Moslem woman there who had in recent months begun to cover her hair/neck in the fashion of religious Moslem women. I was curious as to what prompted her to do it. She said she felt better about herself doing it but her more modern mother wasn't as thrilled. Needless to say, one of the Jewish Orthodox women there, who also covers her hair in the fashion of Jewish modern-Orthodox women (scarves not wigs), sat next to her and they had an instant camaraderie thing going.

Then during Friday night dinner, everyone was ratting on my Complainer daughter, who has a new boyfriend and she wasn't with us that evening so it was easy to talk about her. He's Richie Rich, doesn't need to work, but doesn't want her to work either, telling her to call up her work and to give them lame excuses (including the car accident one) why she can't come in. We were horrified at hearing this because she NEEDS to work, to make her own money, etc. I thought - finally - YIPPEEE! A guy with some moolah is interested in one of my kids. What an easy future life she'll have if she marries him, I thought. Wrong. He's also verbally abusive to her, I found out yesterday, and even though he is a new boyfriend, he has taken to calling her "retarded" occasionally. She must give him Das Boot. Even though he intends to pay for her breast implants (!) which she so sorely wants, and which he claims she doesn't need (but his claims are obviously bullshit because he probably wants big boobies more than he wants her to not go through with it, if he's offering to pay for it). Before I was told that he was abusive and controlling I thought - wow! What a generous prince to want to dish out bucks for this for my daughter. Now I'm thinking - what a pig.

No comments: