Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Has Everyone Gone Mad???

It started yesterday morning at work. I don't know if it was some weird Karma or misalignment of planets or everybody's chakras off kilt.

My two bosses faced me this morning.

He: You can work with her and that takes priority over the meeting this afternoon.

Then he walks out the door and she takes over.

She: He really wants you to go to the meeting this afternoon so you can work with me now until you leave for the meeting.

I don't argue with her as in "But he just said..."

So I did this yo yo thing, and bounced around from boss to boss and meetings - never having time to complete or even start any thing they had asked me to do for them. I sat 3 hours straight in that awful chair taking minutes and my arm was numb by the end of the meeting. By the time my day ended at 7:00 pm - I looked like I had smoked an entire kilo of weed by myself. My colleague took notice and asked me if I wanted to go with her to smoke up. Huh? I'm just a party/holiday/4 times a year smoker, I don't follow that stuff around Jerusalem. Just because I looked the part yesterday...

Then that afternoon I sat on the Jerusalem #18 bus to the center of town - where two people were arguing about the open window. The pregnant woman was hot and kept on opening the window while the teenager in back of her kept on shutting it because he had fever. They were banging and opening the window alternately while yelling at each other. Meanwhile, everyone on the bus was looking at them and laughing out loud at the spectacle. But the two hot-heads were oblivious to the laughter and kept on going at each other. Bus Rage - Jerusalem style.

I see my journalist friend on the next bus I take, who tells me she loves my writing and she gave my blogsite to another journalist to put on a US site about Israel. I told her about perhaps writing to pro-Israel church newspapers and getting paid for it and some woman wearing a head-covering, standing near my seat, stops her conversation with her friend and glares at me while I said the word "church". I made sure to say "zionist" and "pro-Israel" really loud in my conversation, while she was listening in on it anyway, just to settle her down.

I get home and my Nasty Daughter yells at me.

"If you were a real mother, you'd buy milk in the morning!!"

In my excellent role as a "fake mother" I answered.

"Sweetie. Do you realize that I leave the house at 6:30 in the morning and only come home at 8 in the evening???"

"Then you'd leave me money"

"Leave YOU money?"

Never. She may end up buying cigarettes with the milk money.

I call up Hubby to find out when he's coming back. He hadn't worked in 2 1/2 months and has found something for a couple of weeks outside of Jerusalem. I wanted to find out when he'd be coming home this evening.

"How's my beautiful wife?" He asked me.

I looked at the telephone receiver like someone, some alien, had hijacked the phone lines. Was that really Caveman Hubby or had another soul entered his body? Heh heh, and so what if it was. I think I like this soul better.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Jerusalemgypsy - I lurve your blog. I'm even adding a link to you. I saw you on a list of blogs that had linked to "myhero.swf" and it was like recognising an old friend at a convention...

i particularly like the comment about the caveman hubby - i gots me one of those...

surf down to the mercaz some time... TrollMamma xx

Unknown said...

Why shucks, honey, thanks!