Thursday, March 03, 2005

Hit Me Baby One More Time

You know, we really had a lovely week. It was so beautiful with my brothers-in-law in town and everyone behaved themselves. My daughter only called me a bitch once that whole week and my son misbehaved one day and threw his puzzles all over the floor (which we then threw in the garbage) while my brothers-in-law were out. And the celebrations was so calm and happy. People called me up afterwards to tell me it was one of the nicest, happiest occasions they had been to, which really surprised me. My brother-in-law even fixed my son's computer and put more speed and memory on it so he has it for another 3 years or so. So there I was being so happy and grateful to God and to my friends and relatives when.....

He hits me. Again. and Again. and Again.

It wasn't enough that our car was in the repair and my daughter took out a loan for us. Oh No. That wasn't enough. So now we have radiator trouble and it costs an extra $400.

When Hubby took his car to be repaired 3 weeks ago, the guy told him a price and when he came to make a first payment and for the garage to begin work on it - the repair guy said he had made a mistake and they were only able to get a new part, therefore, the repair costs more!!! But Hubby said he would be making a grave mistake by not keeping his word as to the price. When Hubby came to pick up his wheels, he noticed that the garage was full of cars.

"You see?" he said to Mr. Repairman. "because you stuck to your word, God blessed you and now you have lots of business."

Hopefully God takes Hubby's words tongue-in-cheek otherwise people will be hopping mad, blaming him for their car failures. All because the repair shop was blessed.

So why stop there - God. When it rains it pours. So what does He do. He gives me a pounding toothache that I had to make my Professor boss miserable by leaving early to see the dentist. We're very very busy at work. I don't have time for fucking emergencies.

My dentist doesn't take my word on which tooth aches.

"It could be your sinuses, it could be your lower teeth, it could be this back tooth"

And he proceeds to torture me SIX times with this horrible, horrible, deep freeze, to see which tooth is sensitive to "freeze" - making me use loud profanity. He's lucky there were no children in the waiting room.

Plus my tooth is still throbbing. I think the dentist likes it when I talk dirty.

2 comments:

B2 said...

Of course, it's God! Like when something bad happens, and you're told to check your mezuzot. Let's get this straight, Mr. Mechanic: we can understand why good or bad things happen; that's what Job is about, remember? We have no idea what God is doing! Except that we all know if you pray enough before the big football game God will help your team win.

Handsome B. Wonderful said...

sounds like you have the dentist from that movie, "Litte Shop of Horrors."