Thursday, May 20, 2004

The Criminal

...and my life has become unmanageable. There are days when they are, but today wasn't one of them. Sometime during the night, hubby wakes me up frantically asking "where is my cellphone?" What happened to "c'mere baaabbbyy"?? No. I get "where is this and where is that". "Where are my cigarettes, that fucking kid took my cigarettes!!" - I vowed in my next life Never Ever to marry one that smokes - because they panic at the earliest sign of no cigarette. I managed to mumble that that "fucking kid" was at her friend's for the night. A few minutes later after stuff is being thrown on the floor from his chair, I hear "found them". Lights out - finally. 6:30 am, my Nasty daughter told me that her Criminal sister stole her jeans and why wasn't I doing anything about it. Nasty is working two shifts today at the catering hall, instead of going to school. At least she landed a job. She asked me for some $ for food. My Good daughter tells her she can eat all the leftover food for FREE, why is she asking me for money? She said she just didn't want to. Ah Hah!! She's been found out. It's really not for food. It's for cigarettes!! She throws the money back at me and I pocketed it. Later on at work my Criminal daughter waltzes in and tells me there's a cab waiting outside for money. She took a cab to my place because she was afraid she'd be late for our appointment at the youth hostel. Knowing her, it wasn't that. She didn't want the hassle of taking two buses. She was 1 1/2 hours early. I ran to my office to get the last of the money I had on me (good thing I pocketed what I was about to give my Nasty one), and while the taxi is honking wildly outside, my boss calls to give me a list of stuff to do. I run outside and the taxi driver is telling me - "it's not enough" "Oh shove it then, this is all I have". I sat through the Youth Hostel interview which took 1 1/2 hours and they will get back to me Sunday to see whether she fits their criteria to get in. Do you have to be mildly bad, really bad, or psychotic to get into these places? I just dunno! I basically realize that the only peace I ever have in my life is when I'm sitting in the bathroom on the edge of the tub (which isn't THAT comfortable) soaking my feet for 15 minutes and reading a book. That's it. As the day is nearing an end, and it's the Jewish New Month of Sivan, someone told me today is the day to say a special prayer for the "upbringing of children" - and for those that don't feel like praying, don't believe in praying, feel there's no one to pray to - there's this.

1 comment:

siren said...

Beautiful writing...i had so many questions and you seem to be answering them slowly. I live in india and am from england ...i used to complain but reading your blogs make me feel so ungrateful...so thank you for writing. On another note...i am a smoker...and your point on your husband panicking ..ha ha...so true!!