Thursday, May 06, 2004

This past weekend I went camping up north in the Galilee to Jacobs Ladder Festival, and it felt more like I was in South Carolina or Tennessee or Alabama than the Galilee. The Israelis came for the Irish music and the English speaking crowd came for the country/bluegrass music. I volunteered at the information desk on Saturday and one performer came over to me and asked me to give this to one of the banjo players - supposedly a well-known banjo player - but I simply told her I haven't got a clue what he looks like. Really! She was aghast! Sorry, if he isn't Mick Jagger, I won't know any of these fiddle players from any of these banjo players. I really try to expand my horizons - really. Oh well. Missed the Sars Hong Kong concert special last night because I worked until 7:00 pm and my kids smugly told me the Stones were on for 2 songs, but couldn't tell me what songs they played other than Angie. Must raise them better.