Wednesday, May 12, 2004

I should have really called this blog - "the Oy's of Life". My life is one big freakin' oy. I try to be really cool and laid back most of the time. I really do. But my 14 year old is giving me palpatation. I tried to not overreact when she told me yesterday morning - I'm going to Eilat. Just like that. No $, no warning, no nothing. She told me she is going with her friend's parents. A mother knows a lie when she hears one. Thinking what is the best route for this - I couldn't physically sit on her so she won't be able to go - Well I could have, but it would have been a waste of energy and time. I stayed calm and told her I would appreciate the truth because I'd be less worried. She told me - ok, we're hitchhiking there and sleeping on the beach. Hoping she wouldn't see the sweat pouring off me, I asked her if she wouldn't mind taking the bus and I'd give her the money for it. She was pleased as punch. I called the bus for her, told her what time it was leaving. I bought her shoes. I took out money from the cash machine that I allocated for stuff like food and gave her pocket money. Of course, we're keeping this secret from her 4 other siblings. The $ part of course. She told me she's coming back Saturday night and we kissed goodbye. Then I told God - YOU watch her, because I certainly can't. That's the extent of my praying these days.

No comments: