Friday, May 14, 2004

My hubby, a general contractor, worked recently in the Israel Museum in Jerusalem. He is proud of his work there, as it's a prestigious place and they make him feel important. Today was the opening of the new Sport and Art Exhibition in the Youth Wing, where he was working for the past two months. We took whatever kids we could find at home -even Miss Nasty - the 16 year old. I asked her "you wanna go"? "No, because you're fucked up parents". I asked - "Do you still want to go even if we're fucked up parents?" giving her a response, a bit more unusual than expected. I enjoy seeing their reactions when I don't react to their swearing. She actually did come with us - not even having to disguise herself even in the presence of her f***** up parents, and so did with my 18 year old with her boyfriend (who never swear at us incidentally). We scooted up to see the exhibits before the rest of the crowd poured in - and outside they served complimentary beer and nuts (stadium nash) - where were the hot dogs?? Oh, I forgot. I'm not in the US of A anymore.

No comments: