Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Updates

What a boring title for a post.  My life felt pretty humdrum today.  Nothing exciting happening, except that sometime during the night the dog emptied out the garbage in my daughters' room and gnawed on the (used) feminine hygiene products and strew them all over the porch for all our neighbors to see.  Then my Criminal daughter trounced into my room at 4 am to look for "daddy's phone" to send a message to one of her friends and I hurled some verbal abuse back at her semi-consciously.  Why does she have to wake me up from my dreams?  I dreamt that I was riding around in the Rolling Stones' limo during an upcoming tour and I was just about to meet them when I get woken up.  She couldn't have waited until 5 am to send a friggin message to her friends via cellphone?  Teen Witch. 
 
Some good news on the front - Abed found an apartment to rent in an East Jerusalem neighborhood, close to the old city, which means he'll be in front of the Wall, not behind it.  I am so relieved.  So is Hubby.  So is Abed and I'm sure the rest of his family. 
 
So many things I'm missing because I just don't have the energy - like the Walking Meditation for Peace on the Haas Promenade on Sunday, the Sufi workshop at the New Age bookstore last night and the sushi-making class tonight.  All I want to do is go home, do a bit of laundry, plug through dinner and watch Will & Grace and go to sleep.

1 comment:

timx said...

Keeping yourself relaxed and in good shape is also important for your very important cause! Do what you gotta do!