Thursday, July 01, 2004

Parking tix and festivals

Hubby was delighted to have been able to pay yesterday a whole slew of bills outstanding for a couple of months. He went to the post office to pay it. The women working in the post-office took a look at the eight (8!) parking tickets of $25 each that he paid and caused a ruckus. "If you were my husband, I'd KILL you!!" and each of the women took a look at what she was talking about and they too said to him - "We would KILL you!!!" "What a waste of money" and went on and on about it. Of course I felt like killing him too. I only saw one parking ticket but thought he had another one - not another SEVEN! But it was comforting to know that I wasn't the only one who wanted to kill him for it.

Jerusalem was alive and well last night with the first of many street celebrations at the Pedestrian Mall downtown. My son and his friend came along and there were arts and crafts stands, mimes (who have always disturbed me, don't know why), costumed stilt walkers, a giant Elvis puppet dancing on stilts to Elvis music, fire jugglers, jazz bands, middle eastern bands, and food stands (always save the best for last). It was crowded and a pleasure to see downtown Jerusalem like this after looking like a ghost town for a few years because of the many terrorist attacks in that area. I saw a toddler standing up in her stroller and pushed her gently back down in it so she wouldn't fall. "I know you" said her mum, and I can't remember faces these days, never mind names. Turns out she's my friend Ibrahim's daughter, walking through the crowd with her husband and other small child. Small world.

1 comment:

threechordme said...

i have a question about revrend moon is he the same revrand moon that said that "the jews brought the holacaust upon themselves" ? because if he is the same one i think he might not be such an advocate of peace as he seems