Sunday, January 30, 2005

Hearing and Seeing Things

Hubby was hearing things on Friday.

"Didn't you hear Raed telling you 'you're so beautiful, I kill my wife! I kill my wife for you!' And everyone was laughing. ???? You didn't hear that?"

Sorry, I was there, and didn't hear anything of the sort. Nice try though.

We both had gone to the neighborhood grocery store where Raed was busy attending to my every need. What I did hear was -

"What you want? Jerusalem Post? Tomatoes? I give you everything what you want. I tell my wife about you. She want to see your picture, but I tell my wife (see? not 'kill my wife') that I invite you and your husband to my house. You come to my house OK?"

He never said when the invite was but he will eventually find a day and a time. And I will drag Hubby to the Palestinian neighborhood of Abu Tor to meet this wonderful man's wife. And no one will die.

Hubby did try to be helpful in other ways. I was tossing around ideas for my stories to get published (other than here).

He had ideas.

"Maybe try the Washington Post."

"You know they're owned by the Moonies"

"Who gives a fuck. I'd drive a leased car from them. I'd worship the Moon if I had to."

He was a bit disappointed that the only lead he got for work this week was from a woman who he called the Bag Lady because she looked like one and because she had this idea of opening up a restaurant in a urine-infested alley off the main drag in Jerusalem. She knew the neighborhood drunk and greeted him. He greeted her back by going to a corner, whipping it out and taking a piss. "Oh don't pee over THERE!" she whined and turned to my husband to further discuss the restaurant. Geez, who would want to eat there anyway?!

Meanwhile, today I'm trying to get into an Israeli website and I need a password. Nothing I picked worked - the site rejected them all. Finally, I am so frustrated, I pick a password with the word "fuck" in it and ...guess what?? It liked it. The "f" word was accepted. I'M IN!

1 comment:

said...

A possibility; the grocer did not say it but thought it, and your better half read his mind.

peace
t0