Sunday, January 16, 2005

My Rich Kids

With total lack of funds, due to only one income these days, I have tried to resort to getting some financial assistance from my eldest daughters. These are the two daughters who have responsible waitressing jobs at a well-known Jerusalem joint, and make good on tips pretty much every evening. The Arab cooks in the kitchen like my girls and serve them their food - real fast - so the customer is happy - happy enough to sometimes bestow 20% tips on them. "The cooks yell at the other girls" they told me smugly. And certainly their food doesn't come as quick to the customers.

It's Karma - I told Hubby. If you're nice to the Others in this country, indirectly, some good will come back to you.

My eldest gave us $50 last week. She wanted it to be a loan, but I told her under the circumstances, it has to be a gift.

This morning, I tried to glean $50 off the Good Daughter, who somehow had the morning "fitties". Maybe that room is totally haunted. She's usually not so Exorcist-like.

I walked in this morning to ask her for money. She screams at me under her blanket.

"I HATE YOU. WHY DO YOU HAVE TO WAKE ME UP?"

"Perhaps because it is morning, oh sweet one?"

I persisted and stood over her bed.

She then sat up in bed with her eyes still closed, her hair totally disheveled, and I thought I saw foam beginning to appear at the edge of her mouth.

HERE ARE MY KEYS!!! and threw them at me so I can open up her locked closet. I took what money I needed out and ran out of that room as fast as I could.

No comments: