Saturday, June 05, 2004

Havoc in the House

So while I'm busy greeting strangers that don't know of my existence, my house is topsy turvy. I got a call from a school that actually WANTS my 14 year old Criminal daughter who hadn't been in any school since February. Absolutely flattered but absolutely helpless. I told them I was in mourning and couldn't accompany my daughter, but frazzled Hubby certainly would. "I have good news and some bad news, sweetie", I told him. The good news is Criminal starts school on Sunday (our week is Sunday - Friday with just Saturday off from school) and the bad news is YOU have to take her, meet the principal, see what kind of place it is, sign forms, find out what time she finishes and arrange for transport". You know, all the things he just "loves" to do.

Hubby was supposed to buy a basketball for our Son but obviously was too overwhelmed on Friday. I wasn't there, Hubby had left for his errands, Son tantrumed, got thrown out of the house by my Good daughter's soldier boyfriend and retaliated by throwing dirt and water from the garden outside into the house from the kitchen window. I came home to a war zone. Once I was home though, everything calmed down. Mums are irreplaceable.

1 comment:

Blanche and Guy said...

I love it! I can just picture the chaos in the house. Tons of my husband's family also live in Jerusalem and they have houses just like yours! So maybe knowing that you're not the only one out there is comforting. In fact, I think that's a lot of what makes Israeli's so tough. The kinship and love I felt from so many people in Israel (Kfar Hanagid) was mind-boggling. American's can never understand it until they have been there. Just a thought!