Tuesday, June 08, 2004

So little time

My free time is running out fast. I am trying to post photos on this site. Hope it shows up properly. The first one is snow in Jerusalem. Because right now I feel the relentless heat. It doesn't get better. I've been walking all over Jerusalem since the 7 days of mourning ended with my water bottles in tow. If you don't have one of those, you're liable to have headaches or worse. Dehydration sets in quickly here. The only escape from the heat will be to take a trip to Europe to see some rain. We won't see any rain until around November, when there's a trickle at first and then torrents in January and February. Luckily there's no humidity in Jerusalem. That was one of the reasons why I chose to live here rather than the humid coast. I avoid those places during the summer - even though my kids whine about not going to the beach with us - ever. Too bad. Now they're big enough to make their way by themselves.

3 comments:

catspec said...

Hi Leah,
I read your blog but wish you had enabled the Atom feed in the Site Feed area of the settings menu. I would like to add you to my RSSReader and get the updates as you blog. Thank you for an insight into life in Jerusalem today.

Alicia said...

I wanted to let you know that I read your blog almost every day and I really enjoy it. I've also put a link to your blog on my own page. Thanks for an entertaining and informative light on what is going on in Jerusalem.

Nahar Arshad said...

Hi,
I really don't understand how's life in Jerusalem.... You seem to have a peaceful life there despite the continous conflict that I always hear on the media. Is there any safe place for Jews or Palestinians on the Land?
http://sonnahar.blogspot.com