Thursday, October 14, 2004

Thank God it's Thursday

No one was as happy to get back to my work routine as I was today. Hubby and I decided that those narcs were really Elijah the prophet plus 2 angels, as a sign for Hubby to change his Cheech and Chong ways. At work my colleagues and I brainstormed about life. "Stick it up your jumper!" said one British expat who is in her mid-50s. She had sound advice for me. "When you're in your late 40s you get depressed. It's normal. You wonder if anything you ever did in your life was the right choice. You get fed up with your marriage, your kids. Then you get to be 50 and get even more depressed about the lines on your face and sagging boobs and bum until you get used to them, which you eventually do. After that, there are the pills, and then even your husband will become bearable." Yikes. Always look on the bright side of life, eh?

On a brighter note indeed, Miriam Shaviv wrote an article about me as one of the Jewish women bloggers in the Autumn issue of the British publication "The Jewish Quarterly". Here is the article.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is good news...I hope your hubby will REALLY take this event to heart and that he will continue on towards changing. It is amazing how much influence a man has over his family...no matter how righteous the wife is...if he is not...it is hard for the children. So many times they follow HIS path, rather than hers...I guess we can expect that (Adam and Eve).

I will continue to pray that this turns out to be a good thing in the end results for all of your family! Elizabeth

timx said...

A pretty fair assessment I thought!

timx said...

By the way, when you get past 60, you know the battle is lost, and you can start enjoying yourself!

Unknown said...

Hell! Why start enjoying when I'm past 60! May as well start now.