Sunday, January 29, 2006

Getting Older but Feeling Younger

How does that work. Well you have to have a job like mine so when you're pushing 50 you feel like you're in first grade. My boss was talking to his secretary while I was jotting down notes for my party on Wednesday like
"buy paper good, buy 2 cases of soda, 1 case water, plastic forks, plastic spoons..."

I was on a roll, really, until I heard Mr. Boss's voice booming over to my side. After all, I wasn't paying any attention to him.

"WHAT are you doing?"

"Oh nothing"

"What were you writing?"

"Just some thoughts"

I thought had I been caught with chewing gum, out it would go. It felt strangely wonderful because I hadn't been this terrified since grade 2.

Good thing he didn't check my "thoughts" because they really weren't in synch with his.

No comments: