Sunday, January 15, 2006

What will this week be like

Sorry about the shitty headings. It's getting tough to title my posts all the time. Friday night was like a warzone in my house. We had no guests so my kids were themselves instead of being on their best behavior. There are people who have guests every week and now I know why.

The Complainer teased my Eldest about her new boyfriend. These are the arguments of girls nearly 18 and 22 years old.

"I know he slept over this week. I saw his shoes here."

"Liar! He's religious. He didn't sleep over."

"Did too"

"Well I heard you on the phone talking to your ex-boyfriend."

"I DID NOT" (looking absolutely horrified because her present boyfriend was sitting beside her)

"Well I heard voices"

This escalated into the Complainer throwing a salad dish at my Eldest and me grabbing the Complainer and her swooshing me away with her hand, knocking off my extremely expensive "Moolti focahls" and me screaming because I didn't want those glasses crushed. Fortunately nothing happened to them.

I decided to treat myself on Saturday to a double feature at the Smadar theater with a friend - a Swedish film "As it is in Heaven" and a French film "Anthony Zimmer". I enjoyed both flicks even though they were totally different. It was raining for days straight and I was happy to have left my dysfunctional home for a cozy, warm theater where I could escape with my coffee and salad inside the theater. I love this theater. The place was packed which led me to believe rain leads to rotten behavior in everyone's home and so lots of secular Jerusalemites were seeking refuge here.

Tonight I am being interviewed by an editor of Portuguese newspaper who is intrigued by peace workers in Israel. He got in touch with me through e-mailing. My lovely husband, of course, thinks he is Al-Qaida related, as he does all strangers who come in contact with me. Let's hope publicity about grassroots peace workers can only be for the good.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

wow!! A film and a newspaper! You are starting to get popular.