Wednesday, January 25, 2006

The week that was

I got a call the other day. It was a wrong number but a funny wrong number.

"Hello, this is Jihad of Nazareth."

"Did you say, Jesus of Nazareth?"

Nah. Because that would have been really funny and alarming at the same time. And yesterday everyone I spoke to was freaking me out. Hubby was going on to Abed about Iranian nukes, explaining how they work, what they look like (nukes - not Iranians), etc. I told them to shut up about these awful things because they're turning my stomach. Then I get a call from someone I planned to see on Friday.

"I don't know if I'm going" she told me. "The Palestinians are voting and they're expecting riots."

"Sheesh where did she hear that from?" asked Hubby. Maybe he just found himself a new best friend.

True, I had spent my break watching videos of Saturday Night Live - stuff I've missed for years. There was a character on the show that Hubby's brother said reminded him of Hubby - Debbie Downer. It wasn't funny to me. She saw negativity in everything. Too familiar.

I walked into work today and saw a piece of paper that had fallen to the floor from my corkboard....I picked it up. It was a meditation called "Good Things Coming." Hmmmm.

No comments: