Thursday, January 05, 2006

Poor Arik

I feel bad for him. I really do. He is, of course, oblivious to what's going on with him, as he's in a coma, but I kind of like the Old Big Guy, our Prime Minister. It kind of puts a damper on things. Not only is the country in turmoil, but my house seems upside down as well. My son cut school twice this week and I have no control as I have to leave for work before he leaves for school, Hubby's car window was smashed in last night by thieves who didn't want the old fucking jalopy but took my daughter's knapsack with her clothes in it. I'm kind of glad she had dirty socks and undies in it and I hope the slimebucket who took it smears his hands with infectious germs from the dirty stuff. Then my kids called and said there's no toilet paper, but I'm out tonight and can't buy them any.

I have two weddings to go to tonight and don't really feel like going. Isn't that a bummer? But I'll go and not even for the food - because every time I get into my "health" phase - there are always temptations like weddings, birthdays, holidays - to get you off the tofu. Isn't it funny though to have 2 weddings in one evening? It's not like I'm a part of a synagogue community and get invited to everything - people like my brother and sister who are, get invited out to "events" weekly. These things happen to me just once every 3 months or so. But 2 in one night is hilarious. And two in the same hotel is even more hilarious. It makes it easy to attend both events. I'll be running between ballrooms trying to capture each wedding's joy. Because while everything seems to be in turmoil right now in the country and my family joy is what I need in my life right now.

No comments: