Monday, January 02, 2006

Have another ---- boureka

Someone came back to work today after a long maternity leave. While the bosses were at a meeting, we had "brunch" consisting of a ton of bourekas and cake and salad. I wanted to eat healthier this year and bourekas, made with tons of margarine are not on my "good list" of foods to eat. But starving as I was, I had 3 of them.

I even cut down on my caffeine intake, since I think it is a horrid drug and I'm terribly addicted to it. But getting back to the bourekas.

The bosses came back, clueless to the fact that we stuffed ourselves on bourekas, and brought back a box of - bourekas. He even threatened me that if we don't take one right now, our salaries will be cut in half. What's a woman dependent on a salary to do? Of course, I had to run out there and grab the first boureka I saw, even though I couldn't shove it down any more. I had no choice. Now I hate bourekas. I hate the thought of them, the sight of them, and the smell of them. And they're our staple Friday morning breakfast - fresh from the bakery. My kids demand them. What am I to do?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yo, I'm back ;-)