Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Cohen's Hat - a funny

Cohen showed up at synagogue one Saturday and the rabbi almost fell down when he saw him. Cohen had never been seen in a synagogue in his life.

After Services, the rabbi caught Cohen and said: "Mr. Cohen, I am so
glad you decided to come here. What made you come?"

Cohen said, "I've got to be honest with you, rabbi. A while back, I misplaced my favorite hat and I really, really, love that hat. I knew that Levy had one just like mine and I knew that Levy came to services every Saturday. I also knew that Levy takes off his hat during services and he leaves it in the back of the synagogue in order to put on hi yarmulke.

So, I was going to leave after the Torah reading and steal Levy's hat."

The rabbi said: "Well Cohen, I notice that you didn't steal Levy's hat."
"While I am very pleased, tell me, what changed your mind?"

Cohen said "Well, after I heard your sermon on the Ten Commandments I decided that I didn't need to steal Levy's hat."

The rabbi gave Cohen a big smile and said "After I talked about 'Thou Shalt Not Steal' you decided you would rather do without hat than burn in Hell, right?"

Cohen shook his head and said: "Not exactly, rabbi. After you talke about 'Thou Shalt Not Commit Adultery,' I remembered where I left it."