Thursday, August 19, 2004

Rama's kitchen

I worked a gruelling 6 hours straight on the computer. It's easy for my boss who paces back and forth while he thinks. But I have to sit still at my computer while he's thinking. And for 6 hours, that's alot of neck ache. I booked an appointment with my chiropractor whom I hadn't seen in 2 years. He put me on a table and pulled on my back muscles - to stretch them - perhaps I thought the Roman Rack wasn't so bad after all. Then he cracked my neck and afterwards my face, which I never had done before. His treatments are a full hour and he does 1/2 hour chiro and 1/2 hour acupuncture. I love the acupuncture feeling the energy loosen up inside my body. Then I had Hubby pick me up to have a relaxing dinner in the country. We both needed it. The kids were all back home from their week in Tiberias or Eilat. It was so quiet we felt WE were on vacation. The Iranian boyfriend asks me if I missed the kids. Not really. That's not right, he says. Of course it's not right, but that's the way I feel. It was quiet and peaceful. The place we chose for dinner was in Nataf. It's only open for a few months during the summer season. Nataf is 15 minutes from Jerusalem and is extremely mountainous and foresty with views to the West Bank and its barren hills and views out to Tel Aviv. Incredibly beautiful. I have photos I took, but this stupid Laptop doesn't have a USB outlet. Or if it does, I can't find it! So the photos will have to wait until Sunday. The chef makes an ambience of ancient Israel, in the surroundings, and in the food. There were many different kinds of lamb dishes and salads using wild herbs and vegetables picked locally. We lingered for hours watching the sun set over the mountains and no one chased us away even though the place was crowded, mostly with people from the Tel Aviv area who wanted a change of scenery. I could imagine shepherds in the distance with their herds. Around us were ponds and a plant nursery. The floor was pebbles and the roof was bamboo. Kids were welcome too, although I didn't find anything on the menu suitable to anyone under 18. I did find a few photos online.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh, thanks for alleviating the slight (ever so slight) guilt!