Thursday, August 05, 2004

Tel Aviv - Part II

Went back to Tel Aviv today to get my daughter photographed. Everyone working there seemed to have brought their children to work because it's summer, camp is rare in August, and it's just done. Not too many people have day care in the summer either so off to work they go. My daughter sat down for her makeover. It took over one hour. I don't know why because I take 5 minutes and voila, my face is covered. After she was done she looked at me and in the mirror. We both thought "Drag Queen". Off I went to the photographer and make up artist. "Change her lipstick. She doesn't look like my daughter, she looks like a drag queen." They actually agreed to the change. The blue eyeshadow stayed, but was made softer (by a bit). "You need the color for the photographs". Why? Everyone else uses pretty natural tones, why must my daughter have drag queen colors? We had fun though. I'm sure they must have thought - there goes another interfering mother. The photographer snapped 400 shots instead of his usual 200. The blue eyemakeup looked fine for the blue swimsuit and the jeans outfit, but looked a bit awkward for the black evening outfit. The whole thing took about 4 hours and I was more exhausted and stressed out than she was watching it all - telling her "put your hands there, stand up straight, shoulders back, start dancing (this the photog liked)". But I think we've had enough of Tel Aviv for now. Jerusalem, I'm back.

1 comment:

timx said...

I hope you will be posting some of these photos - after all the effort you put into them, we ought to get the chance to share!