Sunday, August 15, 2004

Spa Day and Drug Dealers

Well my boss regretted his decision to let me go Spa-ing. I haven't got a clue why because I came in to work at 7:30 so we can get things done. He had 1 1/2 hour where he would have been able to work with me, but nothing was pressing. So I have no guilt pangs. And I hate lying, and could have called in sick. But I'm the type of person that if I ever do lie, I'm the one that gets caught. I'm an awful liar. His voice boomed over the conference table "Never Again". Yeah Yeah and off I went like someone off on parole after 3 months doing time. I was curious to see who these mothers were. This was a spa day for mothers at my Criminal Daughter's school. My daughter is one of 2 girls at this school for 70 kids. A small city bus picked me up a half hour late. The women seemed nice but hard living-looking. And they were all smoking on a non-smoking bus. The driver probably was petrified of them. I moved to the back and they probably thought I was unsociable, but I did tell them politely the smoke irritates my eyes. I don't want to spoil all their fun because they particularly enjoyed smoking on the bus, one cigarette after another. I just couldn't wait to run into the spa because I KNEW there'd be non-smoking rules there. I had my swedish massage. I think I last had a massage 2 years ago. I could have had a 3 hour massage but alas. Then I checked out the Turkish Hammam. I walked in on 2 Arabs soaping each other down. They were in great moods, singing and laughing and sudsing each other. Some Israelis in the Hammam got annoyed that they were using soap, and told them not to use soap. But it was Revlon! I know that is what people do traditionally and I told my neighbor let them be. So they walked out and I enjoyed the scene, as they took the metal bowl used to scoop cold water and splash it on the seats and floors (no water shortage here), and used it as a darbukah. But I left after a man sitting next to me kept on winking at me a little bit too often. So I opted for the jacuzzi and dry and wet saunas in the For Women Only section. Everyone seemed so chilled and the talk was mainly about recalcitrant husbands not paying child support, single mother supplements, etc. One women looked at me in the Jacuzzi and said to her friends - look at her, she enjoys everything. Until I get home and my Criminal daughter tells me she's on her way to Eilat with 15 friends and her 15 year old boyfriend never touches drugs (I smile) he only SELLS THEM (smile vanishes)!!! Oh my! Did she actually think I'd be relieved? I quietly got on the phone with her counsellor and told him my concerns and he spoke with both myself and Hubby. He managed to speak with her at length and told us he has contacts in Eilat and he'll keep tabs on her. Meanwhile the Good daughter is in Eilat with a girlfriend and I called her to have my other one stay with her instead of with her friends. Thank God, God is never too busy when I call on Him to please please watch that she doesn't get into any trouble over there. I hear the place is swarming with teens for the last two weeks of summer vacation!

No comments: